I have been having this craving for baked beans! I really want to try and make homemade bake beans in my crock pot (although the best way would be bean hole beans!) But since I can't do that and I am still trying to find a good recipe for homemade baked beans, this semi-homemade recipe will have to work. I found this recipe by searching baked beans on
www.crock-pot .com
It is really simple and is super delicous!
Recipe
5 slices of bacon (or more), cut into 1 inch pieces
32 ounces of canned baked beans, drained
1 green pepper, cut up
1 onion, cut up
1 1/2 teaspoon of mustard
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
All you have to do is put all the ingredients into your crock pot and mix together. I used more onion, green pepper, and bacon than the recipe called for because I like all these ingredients and it was delicious! Just cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
yum! when i was growing up, i remember going to my grandparent's house and my grandfather would make baked beans in the crockpot. i'm so excited to try this recipe to see if it's the same as i remember!
ReplyDelete