I love cooking and I just recently got a crock pot for Christmas. So I want to take this opportunity to blog about things I try and make in my crock pot! I also do a lot of baking so I'll make sure to put in some of my favorite treats as well!
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Chicken Mush
So I forgot to mention the story of chicken mush. Earlier on in the semester, I decided to make a chicken soup in my crock pot because it has been cold and I was just really feeling a soup. So I made a soup, couple containers of chicken broth, vegetables, lots of chicken, carrots, celery, basil, the whole shebang. I got this all going in the morning and put it on low so it would cook and make this awesome soup for when I got out of work at 6pm. My roommate was going to put rice in the soup around 5pm so that would cook and be ready for 6pm (putting it in the morning would have made the rice too soft and absorb a lot more of the liquid). So at 5pm, she texted me and asked if she should put the whole bag in the crock pot. I was like no, not the whole bag, like at most a cup! She texted me back to say she put half a bag in and she estimated it to me 3 cups of rice. I was thinking, oh well, it will be more of a chicken and rice soup with more emphasis on the rice part. Well, when I got back, there was nothing soup about what was in my crock pot. It was mush, a big chicken vegetable rice mush. It was delicious but definitely a juicy rice mush! We ate it all over the next couple of days but we joke about chicken mush because it actually came out really tasty!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment