I have realized that none of my recipes are anything but dinner. You can literally cook so many things in a crock pot that extend past dinner. All meals, breakfast-lunch-dinner-dessert, could possibly be cooked in a crock pot! So I wanted to include a dessert recipe I found on the internet for a nice apple dessert that can be cooked in the crock pot. The website I got this from is
http://family.go.com/food/recipe-cp-787113-homestyle-apple-brown-betty-t/
This recipe and many others can be found by searching through there links but here is the recipe for apple brown betty.
Recipe
6 cups cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 cup bread crumbs
1 TSP ground cinnamon
1 TSP nutmeg
1/8 TSP salt
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
1/4 finely chopped walnuts
Spray your crock pot with cooking spray and line the bottom with the apple slices. Then combine the remaining ingredient together and pour over the apples. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours, or on high for 2 hours.
I would think this recipe would be really tasty, especially with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! It would be really good after getting a fill of pulled pork sandwiches!
yum! this sounds amazing! it's funny, i don't think many people think of making dessert in a crockpot but it can definitely be done!
ReplyDelete