Wednesday, March 21, 2012

BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken

So I found this recipe online the other day and I instantly knew I had to try it. I verged a little bit from what the actual recipe called for but it was super tasty and wicked yummy! Here is a link for the actual recipe and then I will explain what I did.

http://www.momswhothink.com/crock-pot-recipes/bacon-wrapped-apple-barbecue-chicken.html


Grease your crock-pot with cooking spray. I then took a package of chicken breasts, it had 6 breasts in them, and then washed them off in cold water. You want to pat them dry after this to get rid of the extra water after you rinse them. Then, take a package of bacon and wrap 2 or 3 slices around the breast, depending on how large the breast is. Place it into your crock-pot and do the same for the rest of the breasts. This will cover the bottom of your crock pot. Next, take some of your favorite BBQ sauces and drizzle all over the chicken wrapped bacon. The recipe online said to cook on low for 8 hours but I did this on high for about 3ish hours. The chicken was so tender and juicy, it was soooooo delicious! I will definitely be making this recipe again! I should also mention if you like onions, that before I put my chicken in, I actually layered the bottom with slices of onion from one onion.


No comments:

Post a Comment