So when I first got my crock pot, the first thing I tried to cook was a whole chicken. It's relatively simple to do. Buy a whole chicken that will fit in your crock pot, rinse it off and pull the bag of insides out of the cavity (unless you like to keep them... no thanks). So throw them away, rinse the bird off, and pat dry with a paper towel. Rub some of your favorite seasoning on it, and put it in your crock pot on low. If you do this in the morning, it will be all cooked by the time you get back and want supper.
I put the carrots in a few hours before we were going to eat since they would be too mushy if they were in the crock pot all day. You don't need to add in chicken broth because the chicken will make broth itself. This came out smelling and tasting very good! I had put onions on the bottom of my crock pot prior to putting the chicken in but that is optional. The chicken, and the carrots, had a very delicious taste but the chicken was a little dry but this literally falls right off the bone, that is how tender it is!
This looks awesome, and very easy to make. Since I'll be doing my own cooking next year I think I will have to make sure that I try to make as little dirty dishes as possible.
ReplyDeleteI recently made a meal that was very similar this dish but instead of chicken i used a ham and potatoes. I was very delicious but i definitely want to try this recipe soon.
ReplyDelete